*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 3 July 2011

How time flies.



Hi Folks.

It has been the most fantastic weekend and if they ever do an event here again, I would most certainly recommend coming.
Last night we met up with Irene and Ian at the beer tent and enjoyed another lovely evening in their company as we listened to Meet On The Ledge, who played some excellent music. 10.30pm the fireworks were due to go off, so we made our way back to the boats because of the animals. Luckily we had a good view of the fireworks from the boats, so did not miss out on any of it. Paddy and Marmite were in fact ok which was good.

After a hectic couple of days, it was time to say goodbye to Irene and Ian on NB FreeSpirit this morning, who had to be elsewhere by Friday, so we said our goodbyes and had hugs and then they were on their way with another boat leaving the gathering, which was great because they could share the locks down on to the River Severn.
For us the say began with a cooked breakfast and then the usual dog walking and sorting out of the boat ready for the afternoon parade and visitors wanting to ask all sorts of questions.
I took an early walk up to the site to see if any new stalls had arrived as there always seemed to be something new every day and I was not disappointed today, because new stalls had been set up.
Stalls of all description's have taken part this weekend, whether they be from other canal societies or just local businesses.
As the weekend progressed more and more stalls came and set up their wares.
There was such a lot of things going on to entertain the public and of course the children.
On the parades there was a certain amount of chaos, but it was sort of organised chaos.

(Photo supplied by Irene off of NB FreeSpirit)

The photo above was from yesterdays parade, we managed to wind the boat without the use of a boat pole, which was something no one else had been able to do. Keith was determined to show it could be done.
Our part in the parade was over, we just had to wait for Atlas and Malus to move, so we could follow them back to the basin.
With the parade over with headed back to the basin with Spey behind us. Our job was done for the weekend. We can now settle down to the last evening of the rally, which has been amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails