*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 17 July 2011

Weekend.

Hello to any reading my posting today.

It is Sunday morning and a little damp around the edges again.

So what did you do yesterday?

I did absolutely nothing interesting I am afraid. The day began with pouring rain, which did not please Paddy because he had to walk in it. By the time we made it back on board the boat he was soaked and looked very depressed. He stood in the middle of the saloon and dripped all over the floor, just so we knew how depressed he was.
With the weather not looking good we thought we would get on with a few boat jobs, but for some strange reason, I never completed one. Keith managed to wire in a new 12 volt socket in the saloon and that was his work done.
This weekend has seen the Royal International Air Tattoo taking place at Fairford, which is not to far away. We have seen jets fly over and this bi-plane, which on closer inspection is carrying a torpedo, no doubt a dummy one ;0). I do feel for everyone there because people are queuing for hours in their cars to get in according to the local radio and the weather has been pants.
So yesterday once Paddy had dried out, he got his pads trimmed and his claws cut, then it was Marmite's turn to have her claws cut. Keith and I do these tasks ourself, Keith wrestles with the mog and dog and I cut the claws, he always trims Paddy's pads with a sideburn trimmer. Both mog and dog are actually very good at laying still, they have had plenty of practice, although Marmite always complains at the beginning. Another job done, it was time for some lunch and an afternoon in front of the TV watching films 'Jack' starring Robin Williams. Jack is born with a condition that means he grows old very quickly and therefore has a short life. It is a heart warming film, which always has me in tears at the end. After that it was 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' which is always a good watch. We then watched how the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was made, which is the final harry Potter film (sobs). It was fascinating to see how they make such a epic film and we cannot wait to watch part 1 then of course part 2.
Don't you feel like you have watched the characters all grow up over the past 10 years????
After that it kind of went down hill, because we started to watch 'The nutty professor', now maybe it is because I am getting older, but when that film came out in 1996 I quite enjoyed it, but last night I found Eddie Murphy very annoying with his over acting as Buddy Love and ended up going to be just after 10pm. Perhaps it was just one of those days when I could not be bothered with over acting, I don't know.

So here we are at 10.25am on Sunday morning. After early rain, which of course woke me up Keith and I sat drinking tea in bed and watching some nostalgic TV. We sat watching 'Gladiators' and 'You Bet' on Challenge TV. I used to watch 'Gladiators' every weekend and was sad when it stopped. Watching 'You Bet' you could tell by the hair styles and fashion that is was done in the 80's and 90's, which made me then feel rather old. Great watching them both again though.
Having turned the TV off it was time to get up and take Paddy for his morning walk, whilst we were away Keith started on a cooked breakfast.
There are jobs to be done again today, which will include checking the gearbox oil and filling the stern tube greaser, after that we will see what the rest of the day brings.

Have a lovely day, no matter what the weather throws at you.

Chat soon xx
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails