*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 17 July 2011

Soaked to the skin.

Hi Folks.

After a rainy morning the sun did come out. Before we could go out and enjoy the sunshine, we wanted to check the gearbox oil. We had a problem with a leak a few weeks ago, so we wanted to check that the leak was no longer there and that there was oil still in the gear box. Thank goodness the leak was no more and there was indeed oil in the gearbox so plus points on both counts. Keith then greased a couple of nipples (no not mine ;0)).

With jobs done, we went off to look at what the rest of Shepherd's Patch had to offer.
As you approach the gate from the moorings you arrive at The Black Shed. It was built in 1911 to store grain on its way to Draycott Mills, Cam. These days it houses a Café Bar and Glevum Boat & Cycle Hire, plus a small shop if you need milk etc.
Just down the lane from the swing bridge is The Tudor Arms, which dates back to the 18th century. It began life as a farmhouse, but as it had its own cider making facilities, it became a beer and cider house for the Irish navigator soldiers who dug the Gloucester and Sharpness canal by hand and I am sure were in need of a pint or two by the end of a hard day. There is a caravan park just along the canal, so the lane is pretty busy and because there is no footpath you do kind of feel like you are taking your life in your hands walking along it, so with that in mind we did an about turn seeing as there were large dark clouds appearing overhead.
By the time we got back to the swing bridge the rain had begun to fall, it then just got heavier and heavier, so by the time we ran to the boat we were both soaked. So much for a nice stroll on a Sunday.
Due to the fact that we were wet, there was nothing for it but to settle in front of the TV and watch 'Night at the Museum' with a cup of coffee whilst we dried out.
I now have dinner to think about and tonight it will be day two of cottage pie and veggies I think, only because I have some left over from last night and I am not about to waste it. I for one will not be eating much tonight, because my system still feels like it is full up from yesterdays meal. It all has something to do with my own personal summer and the lovely (not) hot sweats. I will be so pleased when this is all done, because it is driving me nuts now arghhhhhhhh. I am coming back as a man in the next life.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails