*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 2 February 2011

Welford to Foxton Top Lock.

We were up at 5:00am this morning to be ready for our coal delivery of 4.5tonnes, which arrived at 7:45am and took all of 35mins to load into the hold.
After delivering some of this coal to 3 customers. We then set off for Foxton, lunch was bacon sandwiches on the move. There is always someone watching us when we pass ;0).

Although we were still pushing ice in places it was not to bad. We stopped at North Kilworth to visit the Chandlery and to say hello to Jane. We picked up some grease and a couple of Mars Bar's. I need a chocolate fix and an energy boost.

We cruised through Husbands Bosworth tunnel and on exiting the tunnel we noticed there was a boat just entering the tunnel behind us. It occured to the both of us that it could be Jackie and Ray on NB Roehaise, but could not see the boat, so were not sure. It was not until we reached the top of Foxton Locks and had moored up, that who should come into view but Jackie and Ray. They moored up to take on water, they then invited us in for a brew, which of course got us nattering for a good couple of hours. Time flies when your having fun with friends.
We are now snuggled up inside the boat, just as well because it is raining outside. I am looking forward to another early night, because I am cream crackered after loading the coal in the hold.
So I will say cheerio xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails