*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 8 October 2015

A Good Day.

Hi folks.

Sometimes days go amazing well and others are quite honestly pants. Yesterday was a good day in so many ways.

Firstly our new Christmas Tree arrived. Sorry I have mentioned the C word in October, but we needed a new tree and ordered it before the prices go up, as I am sure they will do with the day fast approaching. So the tree arrived and we unpacked it. We have bought a fibre-optic tree and normally when we buy anything online, we can guarantee that it never works, so it was with some trepidation that Keith plugged it in and flicked the switch. There was great excitement when the tree lit up Smile. So we will be having Christmas decorations up again this year at an appropriate time nearer to the day.

So with a great start to our day, we thought that was the excitement for us, but no it got better. At 3 pm we had an appointment with the Citizens Advice Bureau. We wanted to find out about what we were entitled to with Keith being 63 years old had received a letter suggesting he could get the Winter Fuel Allowance. Joy of joys he is entitled to the allowance and to top off the day, he is also entitled to a bus pass. There does seem to be some perks for getting older. His bus pass will arrive in a couple of weeks and the fuel allowance begins at the beginning of December. Not only that we did not have to pay for the photograph for his bus pass, the woman did it there and then on the computer. I do think in many ways the internet is a drag, but it does have some pluses and that was one of them. We had no form filling and we did not have to get a photograph done Smile.

IMG_7787

The wonderful day ended with this stunning Sunset.

IMG_7789

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails