*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 27 September 2017

Time to leave.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we spent another wonderful day in the BCLM. If you pay to get in, your ticket covers you for the whole year, so you can go in as many times as you like in that year. So having paid to get in, it would be rude not to make the most of it. We have gotten to know quite a few of the people who work and volunteer their, so it is always lovely having a good old natter with them. We have also found ourselves helping out the general public, who think we work there. I actually feel very at home at the Museum, it kind of gets to your soul.

Today we were saying "Cheerio" to the BCLM for now. But first we went shopping in Aldi. You walk out of tunnel car park and turn left and walk up the hill to Aldi. We took our trolleys and hiked it up the hill. We had a shopping list, so kept the shop to a minimum as we had used very little. After getting back to the boat, I stashed the food away whilst Keith got the boat ready for the off. Before leaving we pulled over on to the sanitary station, to top up with water and empty a cassette. I also got rid of rubbish, so we were all sorted for a while.
We set off at 10.20am waving "goodbye" to the museum. We went down factory locks and almost demolished the splitter on our exhaust. Normally when we come down the first lock the pound is down and we have never had a problem, but this morning the pound to the second lock was well up and we did not quite clear the bridge, which was new to us. Thankfully I managed to push the splitter back into shape and no one would be any the wiser.
Our cruise today was fabulous all the way. Whilst cruising through Netherton Tunnel, I did some hand washing, which I then spun in the machine. We then continued on to Brierley Hill, Merry Hill. It has been some years that we have been to this neck of the woods, and it was really lovely to see the canals again.
When we arrived at Brierley Hill we moored in the waterfront, meeting up with Marion and Ivor Chambers. As we were both there for the same event, we both reversed onto the embankment and moored up. 
Once moored up there was lots of catching-up done, before the rain drops began to fall. There is a promise of Hurricane Maria paying the UK a visit. Of course not with the dangers that other places have faced, but we are supposed to get some strong winds and rain. Having all retired to our boats, it was a chance to catch-up with e-mails and some dishcloth knitting. 
We are both looking forward to our stay here and hope to do some retail therapy whilst here.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails