*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Friday 5 June 2020

Day 127: Rain and an hour out.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Wooo hooo we have had some rain. After the record breaking temperatures we have had this Spring, it was a lovely to have a drop of welcome rain. The garden was definitely singing with joy, because watering the plants with canal water or a hose is never the same.
I knew the rain was coming, so made sure I tied the Peony's to the tree. Peony's can get battered by the rain if it become heavy and I did not want the blooms breaking off.
I woke up at 6 am to the sound of rain gently tip toeing across the roof. Whilst being woken at 6 am would normally make me cross, I was actually really happy to hear the sound of rain. It is very much needed, not just by me but by farmers, other gardeners and I am sure many more. Due to the rain, it meant there would be no painting for gardening done. I was getting day off yayyyy. Well when I say a day off, I did still have jobs too do. The back cabin and engine room needed a clean. Due to the roadworks going on the dust has been awful. There is a light dusting of the road works dust inside and outside of the boat. I think it is this dust which has been upsetting my skin. There is obviously something in the dust which my skin does not like and it has to contain either Nickel, Thiarum, Cobalt or Neomycin. I am suspecting Nickel. Thankfully I have creams onboard to help. I will be so glad when the roadworks are done. Anyway I needed to get rid of the dust which was gathering on surfaces. The back cabin was cleaned first and the floor washed. I then did the same to the engine room. I had intended to have a go at the bathroom, but got distracted with Farm Town and chatting with friends online. The bathroom could wait for another day.
With some of the boat chores done and the rain coming and going over the past couple of days. I have popped out and done some weeding from time to time, just so that I can get some fresh air.
We had a Scarlet Tiger Moth come visiting in the garden. They are beautiful and always welcome to sit on plants in our beds.
The Poppies in the garden are doing well.
I plant to take seeds, once they have dried out and plant more next year.
Yesterday we had our first picking of Strawberries, normal and wild ones. They were lovely and sweet. We will not get many this year, because the plants were young when i moved them last October, but next year we should get a better crop.
This morning my seed order arrived. I immediately got out into the garden and put the seeds in. I am a little late with the beans, but we will have a late crop, which is fine by me.
This morning I rang the GP to see if I could have some more cream for my skin. She has given me some more steroid cream and more tablets, so we will see if I can get it under control. I do however think, it will carry on until the roadworks are done. I am not about to sit inside with the doors shut to keep the dust away, because that would drive me bandy, so I will keep taking the tablets and using the cream. I had to leave the Arm this afternoon, to walk into town to get my prescription. I was a little apprehensive, because I had no idea what to expect, now that the restrictions are being eased. Both of us have kept to the Arm and our own peace of heaven, whilst the world outside has been doing its own thing. But needs must and I needed to get my cream and tablets. I donned my mask and set off from the security of the Arm. My first encounter with someone else was just after leaving the Arm. it was a man walking along the pavement staggering along. I then realized he had a bottle of alcohol in his hand, so I decided the best thing to do was cross the road in order to get past him. I got up into the town and there were a few people milling around, which was a little surprising, but very little is open. There is a couple of coffee places, the chemist, M&S and the post office. I was glad I was wearing my mask, because people certainly did not seem to know what social distancing was. I got to the chemist and it was very well organised. There were markings on the floor to tell you where to stand. Once I got the counter, it is shielded in perspex, with a little hole for you to pass either money or use the card machine. The chemist on duty and the others working behind the counter were all in masks. There was a woman at the counter when I got there and so I waited for my turn. When places are that well organised, it makes you feel safer. having picked up my prescription, I then legged it back to the safety of the Arm. Although it felt okay to be out, I will not be rushing to do it again. I am still of the opinion that it is all happening too soon and people are not bothering with social distancing.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails