*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 6 November 2011

Narrowboat Trust Boats

I got a phone call from Maggie who owns NB Forever Young with her husband Mark, she was on the Narrowboat Trust boats Nuneaton and Brighton and were at Bridge 53. She wanted to know where we were and was their room for them to stop for some lunch. I told her we were at Bridge 50 and there was plenty of room for them.

IMG_5854

In no time at all I could hear them coming, they were soon in sight, so I was out with my camera.

IMG_5859

Barry was steering the motor and Maggie was on the butty. They moored up in front of us and I made us all a cuppa.

IMG_5862

Whilst we all stood chatting, Barry was making bacon butties for himself and Maggie, who had not stopped all day.

IMG_5865

It is wonderful to see the Trust boats out and about selling coal. They have enjoyed a good season, making sure all their customers have been supplied with fuel for the winter.

IMG_5867

Having had their lunch and said cheerio, they were on the move once more.

IMG_5875

This time heading for The Greyhound at Hawkesbury.

IMG_5880

It was great to see the boats and to catch up with Maggie. It was also very nice to meet Barry.

IMG_5891

We waved them goodbye as they headed off into Newbold Tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails