*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 1 September 2012

Shackerstone Family Festival Day 1

Wow what a day at the Shackerstone Family Festival. It has been the most incredible day. We were awake very early, so I made us a cup of tea and we lay in bed for a while drink tea and talking about the festival. I then got up early to take Paddy for his walk early, before everyone else got up to walk their dogs. 
After breakfast, we took an early walk around the festival site to see if there were any bargains to be had.
Lots of people were already wandering around and the stalls were all set up and raring to go.
After wandering around the site, we bought a couple of British made leather belts which we both needed. I then went off with my camera to take lots of photographs, whilst Keith was happy to stay on the boat and chat to friends and the public.
The sheep racing was hilarious. 
Birds of Prey were wonderful.
As were the Owls.
Spitfire display.
Chariots of Fire were incredible.
Guy Robertson the horse trainer, gave a half hour master class. 
There was something for everyone, young or old and it was packed from the moment it opened to the moment it closed for the night at 5pm. Keith and I had a fantastic day chatting to friends who had come to experience the festival spirit. It was wonderful to see friends we have not seen for sometime and we are now looking forward to tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails