*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 30 September 2012

Village at War Weekend and beyond.

Hi Folks. I am sorry I have not posted any photographs from our fantastic weekend at The Village at War Weekend, this has been due to a very poor signal on my dongle. However all is not lost Keith has posted some on Hadar's BLOG. We had an absolutely amazing time and I want to thank everyone for taking the time to come and say "Hello" to us both, you all help to make the weekend for me. The list is endless so I will just say a Huge Thank You to you all. 
Today was leaving day.
We travelled from Stoke Bruerne to Norton Junction 14.8 miles, worked 7 locks in a time of 7 hours 10 minutes.

8am we set off through the tunnel. Back to Gayton Junction where we took on water etc. 

We passed our friends Elaine and David on NB Patience, they had just got back from a weekend away, so we had a quick chat as we passed, it was then onward to the Buckby flight of locks. I made us a coffee and we also had some warmed up sausage rolls on route.
At Gayton Sheila and Colin on Milan had passed us, but we caught them up and they allowed us to pass them as they were heading to their home mooring at Bugbrooke and were in no hurry. It was wonderful to meet them at Stoke Bruerne, they are such a wonderful couple and we look forward to seeing them again sometime.
When we got to the locks NB Moonshadow was ready and waiting for us in the lock, they had waited 25 minutes for another boat to arrive on the request of the volunteer lock keeper. We shared the locks with them all the way to the top. 
Having cleared the locks we moored up just after Norton Junction on a mooring we have never been able to get on to before.
It has been a longish day for us and I think I will have nice hot shower and an early night.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails