*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 4 November 2012

First weekend part 2

Last night (Saturday) we had a quiet night on the boat, but outside was anything but quiet with fireworks going off all around us. What did surprise me was how Paddy and Marmite reacted, because they did not bat an eyelid which does not normally happen when there are loud bangs. It seems that either Paddy is getting used to the fireworks in his old age or he is going deaf ;0), Marmite only reacts to the fireworks because he does. With us only having a few channels on the TV, because we think there is a problem with the transmitter, we sat and watched “The Woman in Black” on DVD, which I had been looking forward to seeing it and I was not disappointed.

Sunday’s always gets off to a slow start for me, it is a chance to lie in and then to enjoy a breakfast cooked by my beloved. This morning when I got back from walking Paddy in the rain, I enjoyed large flat Mushrooms with Bacon on toast, which went down a treat.

After breakfast I got on with making up the fires, washing-up and doing a general tidy up. It was going to be a quiet day, with the rain now falling heavily, the only boats on the move were the hire boats returning to the basin after their weeks holiday out. With the weather being so miserable, it was nice to sit in front of the TV with the fire glowing and all around me calm as a Sunday should be. The F1 GP was probably one of the best of the season, it was a shame that Hamilton was out early, but there was certainly plenty of action throughout the race. At the moment we have “Close Encounter of the Third Kind” on as the channels seem to have come back so maybe the transmitter is working again. I am catching up with the “Hatfields and McCoys” on my computer, as I did not see part two due to no channel 5. I have no intention of doing much with the rest of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails