*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 8 July 2014

Small beginnings and brand new jackets.

SAM_6612

As your probably aware by now from reading my ramblings, the garden is my sanctuary this year with us not moving. I am so pleased to see we have Runner beans taking shape and if the amount of flowers is anything to go by, we will be eating Runner Beans till Christmas at least.

SAM_6613

They are small at the moment, but it will not be long before I will be pulling them. Thankfully we have a number of Ladybirds in our garden, because the black fly seem to be in abundance at the moment.

We also have tomatoes growing, I will post a photograph of them when they are a little bigger.

SAM_6614

Dwarf Beans are rampant at the moment and there are flowers on them as well.

SAM_6615

Lettuce are almost ready for cutting and the Carrots and Spring Onions although a little thin on the ground are coming on nicely.

SAM_6616

Keith’s Peppers are showing signs of producing a crop. They have taken a long time to get going, but finally we have something growing.

SAM_6617

At the weekend myself and Jacky spent a day working on the sensory garden.

SAM_6618

We planted grasses in touch garden.

SAM_6619

SAM_6620

More colour has gone into the colour section and scented plants in the scented area.

SAM_6621

I staked all the Fennel in the taste garden.

SAM_6623

The Aural garden still needs work on it, but it will do for now and we have the judging coming up next week for Warwick in Bloom. Jacky and I worked so hard and so we hope it was all worth it.

I still have the other raised beds to sort out, but I will just tidy them up and we will all tackle them over the Winter.

Today, Keith had his Physio appointment at the hospital. We got there early and Keith waited his turn. At 11am his appointment time he was called in. Warwick Hospital is amazing at keeping to their appointment times. The exercises he has always done for his back are still in fashion, but the Physio did give him some more to do. Afterwards we decided to catch the bus into Leamington Spa for some lunch at our favourite Chinese Buffet. We are both in need of new Waterproof jackets before the Winter and with the sales on we thought it was a good time to look. So we popped into Black’s which is closing down checked out their prices and then into Yeoman’s and Trespass. We then bought 2 jackets from Yeoman's, marked as £20 each, but got them both for £30, second half price deal. Now that is what I call a bargain. Nothing more to do we caught the buss back to the boat and sat down for a much needed coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails