*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 14 September 2015

Heritage Weekend at the Saltisford Arm.

Over the past couple of weeks we have had some wonderful boating friends come into the Arm. Jacqueline and Les left us and Tom and Jan on Narrowboat  Waiouru joined us just in time for the Saltisford Arm Heritage Fun Weekend. It was wonderful to see Jan and Tom again. We spent the afternoon chatting to Jan whilst Tom was out helping Jacqueline and Les up the Hatton 21. We did however see Tom whilst they were with us in the Arm.

Friday we spent the day setting up for the weekend. Pop-up tents went up on the site. Keith and I put all the bunting up and helped with other jobs. It never cesses to amaze me how much work goes into organising events and Jacky our administrator did an incredible job organising traders for the new pod building and other traders and exhibits who were on site.

IMG_1115

IMG_1210

I even got to enjoy half a pint with my dear friend Jacky, who is the Administrator for the Arms Trust. She had worked her magic once again.

On Saturday morning I set up my stall outside the pod building and kept my fingers crossed the weather was kind. I did have a back-up tarpaulin for when the showers did arrive, which was a few times throughout the morning. By the afternoon the sun was out on and off thankfully.

IMG_1213

The weather certainly did not put people off from coming out to join us.

IMG_1111

IMG_1114

The crafters in the pod building were kept busy.

IMG_1118

Warwickshire IWA were setting up awaiting the public.

IMG_1121

The model boat club, set up a wonderful show.

IMG_1192

They gave a wonderful display on the water with their boats.

IMG_1155

Canal and River Trusts Tony Hales, joined Chris White Warwicks Conservative MP and Warwicks Mayor Mandy Ferrand on boat Saltie II for a VIP trip.

IMG_1176

The music is always a big draw along with food and of course much needed beer.

IMG_1134

It was wonderful to have steam boat Adamant back again.

The whole weekend was brilliant as always and we are definitely looking forward to next years event, when we hope to have trade boats and more historic boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails