*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 4 June 2017

A Brilliant Day.

IMG_0968

Hello Friends and Followers.

What a fabulous day today and not even the weather could spoil a perfect Sunday.

IMG_0949

This morning we said “Cheerio” to Del and Al off of Narrowboat Derwent 6. It was fantastic to see them again after a few years. A lot of catching up was done whilst they stayed in the Arm. Hopefully we will not leave it so long before we see them again. Happy cruising Del and Al Smile

The morning was then spent getting ready for the production of Idle Women of the Wartime Waterways produced and acted out by the Alarum Theatre. Now the weather forecast said it would be dry with heavy cloud, what it did not say was we would have rain, so we set up the gazebo for the refreshments, we put chair out and we hoped that people would turn up for the 2 pm production.

IMG_0970

The weather did its best to upset the apple cart, but people did turn up thankfully and Jack and I were busy at the gazebo making teas and coffees.

IMG_0975

Both Kate Saffin and Heather Wastie were brilliant. Their performances were inspired and informative with a few laughs thrown in and it is a performance everyone should see.

IMG_1002

The second half was moved into the Cedar Room, because the weather decided to rain on us, but it did not dampen the spirits.

IMG_1004

Poetry and Song were heard for the first time in the Cedar Room.

IMG_1005

We all had such a wonderful afternoon with the group and I sincerely hope we can do something like this again sometime, because it is what the Arm is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails