*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 1 February 2018

Paintbrush at the ready.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

Our big build has been something of a revelation to us, as neither of us thought we would be able to do it ourselves, so last night to celebrate it almost coming to an end we went out for a Thai meal in the town. The last time we went for a meal there was in 2013 with friends Irene and Ian off of Narrowboat FreeSpirit. It was definitely time to revisit the Thai and we were not at all disappointed. The meal was sublime and the service was excellent. We will not leave it so long next time before eating there again.
Yesterday also saw me getting on with the painting of the woodwork with a sealing coat of paint.
I love painting, not in the art way, but give me a paintbrush and I will set about painting, walls, ceilings, boats etc.
To seal the timber, I used one part water to five parts paint, which was recommended on the bucket of paint. My next task will be to seal any joints and then on with the top coats of Magnolia. We want to keep it as light as possible.
Today I had to pop up into town and whilst I was away Keith began to build the door frame.
We have decided on how we will make the door and that will be fun. In the meantime I can get on with all the paintwork. We have already noticed a change in the temperature, now that the insulation and walls are all done.

As a temporary measure e have put a piece on insulation in the doorway to keep the cold out and the heat in.

It has been a bloomin nippy old day, so we have both the stoves going. This has of course pleased Marmite no end, because she is lounging out in the back cabin on the side bed, like she owns the place.
There is no peace for the wicked though, because the water tank needs filling and the toilet cassette needs emptying, so I had better get myself off of the computer and out into the cold.

Pop back soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails