*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 30 January 2018

It is bulkhead time.

Hello Friends and Followers.

What an amazing start to the day today.
We had a stunning sunrise. The sky was incredible.
Today was bulkhead day. So after doing a laundry wash, sorting out something for lunch, walking the dog, stoking the fires and coffee, we made a start.
We started at the top and worked our way down.
We then, put the insulation in place.
We ended the afternoon with putting the inside boards up.
Tomorrow we need to insulate the bottom of the bulkhead and put the last board in place and then it is done. We then have the door to sort out.
It has been a brilliant day and we are both so pleased with the way it has gone. I will be completely honest. I really did not think we would get it done so quickly and so well, as neither of us are carpenters. But we both think things through, which I think has been the reason for the success of this project. The last thing we did today was to insulate under the gunwales, because they have been condensating. I think possibly by the weekend, I will have sealed all the woodwork and filled in any gaps and we will be ready to paint the room out.

Pop back soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails