*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 3 June 2018

Day 71. Time for a stroll.

Hello Friends and Followers.

We have been blessed with yet another stunner of a day. The order of the day was to get all the boat chores done and then go for a stroll.
After all the usual stuff was taken care of, I made us a picnic lunch, packed up a rucksack and then we headed out to walk down beside the River Severn.
We set off up the towpath to Sims Bridge, which we did not walk over, instead we turned left and walked down a farm track heading down to the River Severn at Middle Rea and walked beside the river to Lower Rea.
It is so sad to see that farmers have to result to security these days to stop people dumping their rubbish on their land. We noticed that all their farm gates are chained and padlocked as well. What is the world coming too?
There were some lovely patches of daisies on our walk.
The public footpath was a little overgrown, and I was pleased I had not worn my shorts.
We found another footpath, which took us to a piece of land with this rather pretty converted barge on it moored on the river. We decided this was not where we should be so headed back to Lower Rea and found a lovely spot under some trees where we had a picnic on the river bank, watching the world go by.
After enjoying our lunch and watching the world go by, we returned to the canal via Rea swing-bridge, which is being repaired at the moment.
Once home, I headed out again to Tesco to buy some AA batteries because I had used the last two yesterday. I had forgotten how far it was to walk and so by the time I got back again I was completely done in and the heat did not help.
Talking of heat. Why oh why do joggers feel the need to take their dogs with them in this heat?

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails