*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 17 October 2018

Homeward Bound Part 2

Hiya friends and followers.

Following on from yesterday's post. I had one of those nights which drive me mad. I slept on and off. Paddy was on the move most of the night, which meant I lay awake listening to him rummaging around. I am not sure what he was up to. It may just have been he was restless. Anyway a disturbed night for me. On waking up after short nap, I made us a cuppa and then got the back cabin stove going. We left our mooring near the aqueduct at Rugeley at 9 am and headed to a mooring in Rugeley, where we could moor up and go food shopping. One space available, which was a result, because we fitted in it. 9.20 am we set off with trolleys in tow to walk to Aldi, where we picked up what we required. Back at the boat, I stowed the shopping away, whilst Keith got the boat on the move at 10.10 am. Food stowed away, I made us both a coffee.
We had a lovely start to the day with the weather warming up and the sun doing its very best to come out.
The Autumnal colours are really beautiful. I got on and cooked us some Bacon butties, as we headed for our first lock of the day.
We arrived at Woodend Lock to find there were three boats in front of us. One of the boats asked us to go ahead of them, which we thought was very kind. In no time at all we were all down through the lock and heading towards Fradley Locks.
We turned onto the Coventry Canal at Fradley Junction at 1.30pm. We took on water on one of the slowest taps on the system in my opinion.
All in all we had a fabulous days cruising, with a few boats on the move.
We are moored up for the night near to Whittington.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails