*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 19 October 2018

Homeward Bound Part 4.

Hello Friends and Followers.

After a peaceful nights sleep, we woke this morning to a cold start and mist upon the water at Hartshill.
It was a cracking start to the day and a joy to walk Paddy amongst the mist. We set off this morning at 9am and wound our way through the mist, which was eerie but beautiful. I never ever get fed up with seeing mornings like this morning. I do however get fed up with those who leave their rubbish all over the towpath and in the water. I am also noticing that magnet fisher people are also leaving what they have dragged up along the towpath. If you are going to pull it out of the water at least have the decency to dispose of the findings properly, because it is a sure bet, that it will end up back in the cut. Today it seemed to be the day for people speeding through bridge 'oles. What is that all about?
We always approach bridge 'oles on tickover, especially when the bridge 'ole is a blind approach. Three times today we were so glad we were on tickover, because boats approaching from the other direction came through at a break neck speed. Just as well we knew what we were doing.
At 11.55am we took the turn at Hawkesbury Junction and into Sutton Stop Lock.
We found a new crew member at the lock. Poor Bagpuss, is in need of a good wash and a loving home. I will be giving it both.
Geese in a flap at Ansty. At Hawkesbury and Ansty the visitor moorings were lacking boats, which has to be a first for us.
Autumn colours at Newbold Tunnel.
We arrived in Rugby at 4.35pm and are now relaxing for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails