*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 9 September 2019

Day 29:. Briliant weekend and moving on.

Hello family, friends and followers.

An excellent weekend was had by all at The Village at War. The weather on Saturday was dry, cool, with the occasional sunny spell. The crowds were bigger on Sunday and the sun came out.
Both days were buzzing with people. It was so lovely to see the effort folk had gone too to look amazing.
Having not been to the event for six years, we really did enjoy seeing everyone again, including the wonderful Lola Lamour, who has the most amazing voice.
If you ever get the chance to see Lola, then do go because she is incredible. The weekend was a huge success and we will definitely be going again next year.
It is amazing who turns up at these events. All of the re-enacters were fantastic. There was nothing we did not enjoy about the whole weekend. I even managed to find a tanktop at one of the many vintage stalls at the event. There was everything there to dress for the 1930' and 1940's.
This morning it was time to leave Stoke Bruerne.
We were fortunate to share the Buckby Locks with Tom on Corolla. We breasted the boats up. Keith steered the boats and Tim and I worked the locks. We had a great time and were flying up the locks, until the last couple when we caught up with two hire boats sharing the locks. At Norton Junction we said "Cheerio" to Tim as he headed onto the Leicester Line and we carried on to Braunston Tunnel.
We had thought we may go down the Braunston Locks, but with boats queuing at the top lock, we decided to moor up for the night and will set off in the morning.

Pop back soon xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails