*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 23 September 2019

Day 43: The time flies.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Where does the time go?
September is drawing ever closer to a close and we have had a wonderful few days. We left Windmill end and made our way to Tipton.
We were moored between two historic boats Leo and Aldgate for the Tipton Community Festival, which was brilliant, even though the weather on the Sunday tried to dampen our spirits. Saturday was heaving with people. Everyone had an amazing day, because the sun had got its hat on and it was time to chill-out and enjoy all what was on offer.
Sunday began with heavy rain at 5am with a rumble of thunder thrown in for good measure. However the firecast for heavy rain all day did not materialise, we had drizzly rain for a few hours and then it dried up thankfully.
With some of the stallholders being put off by the weather forecast, we made use of the empty gazebo's and set up a community for tea, coffee and an good old natter. The night before it had also been used as a place to have a chinese takeaway for some of the boaters.
Having enjoyed another wonderful rally, it was time to head off yesterday afternoon at 4pm. Those of us going to the Black Country Living Museum for the Historic Boat Rally, pootled around the the museum and moored up. We popped in to see a few people we know, before making it back to the boat for a spot of dinner.
We may have to move, once we know what the mooring plan is, but this will do for now.
This morning awake at 7.20am, I made us a cuppa, whilst we planned the morning. The generator has gone on, because we have very low poorly batteries. We will manage with them until we get home, but we are looking at the expense of new batteries this Winter. They have done us six years, so we cannot complain. Today I am not going to do to much. We will probably catch up with folk in the museum and see what the mooring plans are, if there are any :-).

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails