*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 20 November 2019

It is coming.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Yes, whether you like it or not Christmas is coming. You cannot have failed to notice that the shops and TV are ramming it down our throats. I for one never go with all the hype. I do what I want to do and spend what I want too spend and that is that. The same goes for the stupid Black Friday, which in this country lasts for weeks and is not on a Friday. Unfortunately the gullible, will queue up for hours on end to get what they think is a bargain, when really they did not need or want the item at all. In a way the same goes for Christmas, we over indulge with food, drink and the buying of presents, when really Christmas is all about being with the ones you love and that is not always family. This year for us it is so very much more special, because we have two Grandson's to buy for and that is indeed bringing us a great deal of joy. I hate with a passion the amount of advertising that is done, to try and encourage you to spend money that we do not have. Well it will not and never has worked on us. We buy what we can afford and no more. I will never get into debt so that I can enjoy Christmas. I am of the opinion, it is better to spend a nice card than to get into debt over buying presents, which will end up at the back of a cupboard or draw. So many presents end up as presents for someone else the following year, or got to charity shops. In some respects it is nicer to receive and gift voucher of money, because then at least you can get something you really need. I personally think that all the advertising begins way to early and the shops put out their Christmas things to early as well. Christmas Carols in October is so wrong.

Christmas for us will be at home. I am already buying bits and bobs of food and stashing it away for the festive period, but we will not go overboard. We are not having a Turkey, we have a Chicken instead, which will be enjoyed with all the trimmings. We like to nibble over the festive time and this is usually done in front of the TV.

We should all remember not everyone enjoys the festive season, due to loss, illness or family rows. They reckon that more family rows break out at Christmas, than at any other time of the year, this I can understand. After all many do not see their family from one end of the year to the next and then suddenly they are all plunged together under one roof with pent up annoyances. That is why sometimes it is better to spend it alone under your own roof. In a day and age when you can use the internet to contact and see family, no one is truly alone.

I am pretty much sorted as far as cards and presents are concerned. I have posting to do in December. As for the food and nibbles, that is also under control. I need to find the tree and decorations to check they are fit for purpose again this year. I do enjoy decorating the inside of the boat and seeing it lit up with all the fairy lights.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails