*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 5 November 2019

Making plans.

Hello family, friends and followers.

With Halloween and as of tonight Bonfire Night over with, we will all be focusing on Christmas. Yes I know it is only November, but even I have begun to make plans for Christmas. I have bought some of my presents and will definitely be sorting out my cards, food and of course drink for the festive period. We have decided we are staying home this Christmas, so I will be cooking Christmas lunch. We will probably not have a Turkey, because for just two of us, they are too expensive. I am thinking Chicken with all the trimmings and then we can have a Chicken Curry for Boxing Day yayyyyy.

Due to the weather being a bit wet, we have not done anything else in the garden. The plan is to see how everything we have planted does over the Winter. If we then need to replace anything we an do in the Spring, before we head off cruising. At the moment we are really happy how it has all turned out.

Keith has fully recovered from Shingles. I think because we caught it early, he has had a good recovery and of course the Anti-viral tablets and eye gel helped hugely. Fingers are crossed he gets nothing else, anytime soon. As for me well I had a week of doing very little, because I have felt so tired and my joints have been very painful. I have been back on my medication and that has settled everything down, but I have an appointment to see the GP, to try and find out what is going on. I know I have Costochondritis, but this time the whole of my body was affected and I just felt worn out all the time. Anyway we will see what happens when I see the GP.

On Sunday evening, I got to dog sit our neighbour's handsome Spaniel. I looked after him on his own boat until Monday afternoon. It was lovely walking a dog again and he was so well behaved and absolutely no trouble at all. Towards the end of this month it will be a year since we let our darling boy Paddy walk over the Rainbow bridge. I cannot believe it has been a year already.

Yesterday (Monday) my Windows 10 laptop decided to die. The hard drive has packed up, so I using my old Windows 7 laptop, until we decide whether to replace it with a newer version and whether we have the funds to do so. It is an expense we could do without at the moment, but hey ho.

Today was ladies who do coffee day. One the Winter moorers come into the Arm for the Winter, I organize for all the ladies to get together for a coffee once a month. When you are used to be out cruising all year, being on a mooring for the Winter can cause cabin fever, so I set up the coffee club, so us ladies can get together for a good old natter I  town for a couple of hours. It is fun to be able to have a laugh and a natter over coffee away from our boats. With Christmas coming we will no doubt organize something fun to do.

I hope that those of you who pop in to read my ramblings are keeping well?

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails