*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 5 August 2012

Saturday in Stone.

A day of watching the Olympics, after all it only comes around every four years, so I had most of the most of the TV signal. I did get some jobs done. I made a start on painting the bathroom ceiling. Keith stripped the vents and cupboard out for me and I rubbed down the ceiling to prepare it for the first coat of paint. Having done the first coat of paint, the tiles got a good scrubbing, I am now thinking of re-grouting the tiles, because it was last done some five years ago, but that will have to wait for a bit.

Lunch was eaten watching the Olympics and watching Team GB take more medals. They are doing such an amazing job at the moment.

Second coat on the ceiling on the bathroom ceiling and then back to what was to be an amazing day at the Olympics. 6pm Keith took Paddy for his evening walk, whilst I got dinner cooked, we then settled down to an extraordinary night in the Olympic Stadium, which saw Jessica Ennis win Gold in the Heptathlon, Greg Rutherford took Gold in the Long Jump and Mo Farah, took an amazing Gold in the 10,000 metres, it was such a emotional night and I will admit to a few tears on what has to have been the best night in Great Britain Olympic history. One things certain it will never be forgotten. No one, but no one can say this games has not been a success for our team or for this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails