*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 15 November 2010

It's a cat's life.

Hi Folks.

As the morning wore on, we were still moored at the bottom of Foxton Locks.
Keith took our sack barrow wheel to Sam Matts of Foxton Boat Services in a hope that he could repair it by welding it all back together, so we had to wait for the verdict. Whilst waiting for our wheel to come back repaired or otherwise, Marmite and Paddy took every opportunity to enjoy the Autumn sunshine, which was very warming after a frosty start to the day.

I put a crocheted blanket on the back cabin slide and Marmite decided she would take up residence.In this photograph she is being a posh puss with her button nose in the air.I think in my next life I am coming back as a boaters cat. Marmite has a life of luxury really, although with the way she moans somedays you would think she was so hard done by.

Come 1.30pm Sam bought our sack barrow wheel back all welded up and it only coat us £10, so thank you Sam your a life saver. With the wheel back on the barrow, we slipped our mooring and headed to Black Horse Bridge at Foxton all of 0.7 miles in 15 minutes, such a torrid trip NOT. We are here now until our Tesco delivery arrives tomorrow morning.
The weather today has been totally amazing, it actually felt more like a Spring day and there were lots of people out and about enjoy the warm of the sun. The temperature is now dropping, so we can expect another cold night ahead no doubt. So it will soon be time to close the boat up and snuggle up in front of the fire. Before I go, I am being told by a friend that I am a Page 3 pinup.... No not in the Sun. Apparently there is a photograph of me in November's edition of Towpath Talk. As I can only read October's Edition online, I will have to wait to see the latest paper and see which photograph they have taken of me and who actually took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails