*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 29 November 2010

Oh so cold.

Hi Folks.

It has been a day of snow showers and freezing temperatures.
The basin and canal are still frozen. On Saturday a hire boat went out from the basin with an Australian family onboard, they wanted to get up the Foxton Locks and back down again before the locks closed for repair work. They got up the locks ok, but could not turn around to come down, so had to be bought down in reverse. They then became stuck at Foxton, because the ice is to thick. Today the hire company went and collected them by car and have put them on to another boat in the basin. I bet this is a holiday they will never forget.
Whilst out walking this morning, I took a few photos, so thought I would share them with you.
Something tells me, that something had a very nice meal last night. The birds and animals are going to really struggle to find food through out this cold weather, so putting out food and water for them is such a good idea. This cat thankfully decided not to cross the ice when it saw Paddy and I coming. Although it would have probably got across safely because the ice is thick enough. There is another missing cat notice up on the fence by the boat, and I would hate to see this cat go missing under the ice. Spiders webs look so pretty when they are covered in a heavy frost. When I took Paddy out for his walk this morning it was stunning along the cut. The ice is at least an inch or so thick and it has a light dusting of snow on it. It does look oh so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails