*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 23 July 2011

Gloucester Dock to Yew Tree Inn, Chaceley Stock.

DSC00828

Hi Folks.

This is just a quickie because I have a really bad GPRS signal.

We were up early and left Gloucester Dock at 8.45am. As you can see from the above photograph it was a bright, sunny morning with a flat calm dock. We were not alone in the lock, we joined narrowboats Majestic Lady and Cartonia. On leaving the lock we allowed them to go off before us.

We had a pleasant cruise before deciding to stop at The Yew Tree Inn, Chaceley Stock. The pontoon is a little dodgy as it rocks a lot, Paddy really does not like it at all.

The sun continued to shine all afternoon, which meant there were plenty of boats on the move, including some small sailing boats, who pulled in behind us on the pontoon to visit the pub. All the boats were home built by their owners and when they get the chance they get together on the water.

boats

During the afternoon a Dakota flew over close by. Having looked it up on the tinternet, it seems it was doing a fly past at Badsey, Worcestershire. It was so nice to see it fly over, we almost had our very own fly past.

All in all it has been a fantastic day, which has ended with me cooking us Lemon Chicken and Rice with Duck Spring Rolls. We are now watching  Harry Potter.

Just heard the news that Amy Winehouse has died. What a sad loss. She may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but to die that young is so sad.

My thoughts are also with everyone in Norway, it has been a tragic few days ;0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails