*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 26 July 2011

Upton-on-Severn to Worcester.

 IMG_4596

The morning began with some wonderful sunshine. Keith and I said our goodbyes to Brian and Ghost and to Lorraine and Fred who we met yesterday. Unfortunately June and Gordon had gone off to the Marina to get water etc, so we did not see them to ssay cheerio.

IMG_4615

This mornings trip was definitely more like summer to start with, then the clouds returned. We came up through Diglis lock with a hire boat which had been moored on the pontoon with us.

IMG_4620

By the time we arrived at Worcester it was getting quite warm. The Cathedral standing proud welcoming us back.

We moored up at the southern end of Worcester Racecourse this time, near the rowing club. We were closer to the city.

SAM_0091[3]

After lunch we walked up into the city for another look around and then walked down along the river. I managed to get a different view of the Cathedral from the river bank. Whilst walking along the river, we heard lots of cheering from the other side of the river so we had to investigate, by crossing over the river at the bridge to discover the Worcestershire County Cricket ground, where they were playing Somerset, and are 367-3 at 8:30pm. We walked back to the boat on the other side of the river, I took this photo of Hadar as we crossed the new footbridge.SAM_0104[3]

As we were walking back from the cricket ground we decided that we had to draw up a list of things we just have to do before we kick the bucket. On the list so far we have a cricket match, rugby match, football match, grey hound racing, speedway and horse racing so far, I also want to visit New Zealand and Canada, which is a real challenge seen as I have never been out of this beautiful country. The furthest I have ever been is the Isle of Wight and the isle of Arran.

Once back at the boat Keith looked up Worcester Racecourse to discover there was racing on tonight. After dinner we strolled over to the course to watch some of the racing.IMG_4678

For Keith and I this was our first time at a race meeting, so it was pretty exciting. Of course when I say at the race meeting, we were in fact sitting out side of the course on the pavement.

IMG_4653

Neither Keith or I felt the need to pay out the £15 each to get in. We still enjoyed our first taste of horse racing though.

IMG_4674

Back on board and I am just about ready for my bed now.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails