*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas.

christmas-tree

To all my blog visitors I wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2012.

It is Christmas Eve and time for me to take a break from blogging and just enjoy our Christmas.

May I take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all my readers during 2011 and I look forward to being back in 2012. Have a wonderful festive time with family and friends, and remember to stay safe out there. xxx

Before I sign off completely, I will do one last post for today. We were awake early drinking our usual morning cuppa, whilst discussing the days chores. I was then up and off the boat with Paddy walking the towpath in the early morning light.

IMG_6018

Across the fields the sun was coming up, giving off a warm glow.

IMG_6025

It is morning's like this that make it great to be a live.

IMG_6031

When I got back to the boat, it was time to get the stove going, so I could cook the Pheasant, then got on with cleaning and tidying the back cabin, whilst Keith got on with wiring a switch for the new freezer. Just as I finished the back cabin tidy up, Adam and Adrian came past on NB Briar Rose on their way to collect their turkey from the butcher in the village, they said they would call on us on the way back, so I got out of my everyday tat and put on something more in keeping with the festive season, after all I wear the same sort of clothing all year round, so it is nice to dress up a little at Christmas. With my dirty togs destined for the washing machine and some mince pies warming in the back cabin stove with the Pheasant which smelt devine, there came a knocking on the side of the boat, to which Paddy barked. It was Adam and Adrian bearing gifts of mince pies which we enjoyed with tea and coffee. It was lovely to catch up with them both and to hear about their plans for 2012 with their boat. Far to quickly it was time for them to head off, as they wanted to find somewhere to moor for the night.

IMG_6035

Hopefully we will see them during next year out and about on their lovely boat.

I checked the Pheasant and it was cooked to perfection, alls I had to do then was to strip the meat off of the bone. The meat will be cooked in gravy for tomorrows Christmas dinner and the bones will be used for stock.

I am now going to put my feet up and watch a Christmas movie, so on that note once again Merry Christmas and I will see you on 2012. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails