*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 17 December 2011

Not looking good.

We had thought that we would go back on to the Leicester Line come the New Year, but it is not looking at all good, if the update is anything to go by. We already knew the water levels are well down, so have stayed away.

British Waterways Notice.

Restriction: Grand Union Leicester Line - Lock 18 Kibworth to Lock 30 Kilby
02 Aug 2011 until further notice
Associated Regional Office: South East Waterways
UPDATE (16 December 2011): As a result of the continuing water shortage and the anticipated limited boat movements on this length, the canal will close temporarily over the Christmas and New Year period.
The closure dates will be 25th, 26th and 27th December and 1st and 2nd January. Outside of these dates the canal will continue with the opening hours of 1000 hours – 1400 hours.
We will continue monitoring the water situation and provide further updates where appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails