*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 28 February 2013

Les Misérables.

This morning we had planned to move off into the country, but had a change of heart whilst sat in bed drinking the first cuppa of the day. Whilst in Aylesbury we had thought about seeing a show or going to the cinema and we had done neither, so Keith suggested we stay another day ( that is a great song title ) and go to the cinema, but what should we see, as there are some great movies on at the moment. “Song for Marion”, “A Good Day to Die Hard”, “I give it a year”, “Les Misérables”, “Django unchained” ad “Lincoln”. I suggested “Les Misérables”, but I felt it is one of those movies that needs to be seen on the big screen. So that was our choice, but before that we had the usual morning boat chores and dog walking to do. After the batteries were charged by the generator and we had our first coffee of the day, we headed off into the town to stroll around the charity shops and then to enjoy an early lunch at The Bell.

the bell

The Bell is a Wetherspoons pub. They took on the pub in June 2010 and like with all Wetherspoon pubs the food was very good. We had two meals for £6.95 which is such a brilliant deal. After an early lunch we then had another stroll around the town before heading off to the Odeon Cinema.

les_miserables

Les Misérables was being shown in screen 6 and we had seats right on the back row in the middle, so had no one in front of us but the steps it was perfect. I reckon I was the youngest person in the cinema which was not full by any means but there were a fair few people seated for the movie. Neither of us has seen the stage show, so had no idea what to expect as we had only seen the trailers on TV, but OMG we were not disappointed. This film adaptation of the stage sensation, was truly breath taking. It is set against the backdrop of 19th century France, the film tells an incredible story of broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption. Ex-prisoner Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) is hunted down over decades by policeman Javert (Russell Crowe) after he breaks his parole agreement. Valjean agrees to look after factory worker Fantine's (Anne Hathway) daughter Cosette, the film tell of their lives and how they change over the years and the sacrifices made by them and others. It is such a moving film and I was pleased no one could see me crying for most of the movie. Many of the songs in the film I already knew and they always make me cry. I can totally see why Anne Hathaway won “Best supporting actress”, she was fantastic and Hugh Jackman wow what a singer. It was a treat to see actors out of their comfort zone and it showed what they really can do. I was really pleased we made the effort to go and see the movie. Keith was even more pleased because he got in with the senior rate, oh the joys of being 60 years old. I will have to wait a while for that joy.

Having wiped my eyes, we left the cinema and walked back to the boat to find another boat moored in front of us, it was Stein and Jacquie on NB Like Ducks 2 Water. Stein was busying himself on the towpath, so we had a quick chat and will be catching up with them later over a glass or two of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails