*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 25 February 2013

Puttenham Top Lock to Aylesbury Basin.‏

Map picture

Travelled 5 miles, worked 7 locks in a time of 2 hours 55 minutes.

SAM_4487

We left our mooring at 9.15am with deep anticipation of what was to come, because it was to be my first time in Aylesbury. It was a chilly morning with drizzle in the air, but it was no where near as cold as the previous couple of days.

SAM_4492

There was no lack of water.

SAM_4493

Whilst I closed the bottom gates on one side, when in bridge ‘oles Keith closed the other side for me, meaning I did not have to walk all the way round the lock again with the towpaths being so muddy.

SAM_4494

We past by Bates boatyard, which specializes in wooden boats and got a wave from a couple of gentlemen working there.

On our journey we saw a pair of Buzzards, a Kingfisher and a dog Fox, which was walking a long the towpath. SAM_4497

Work on the new moorings for the Aylesbury Canal Society boats is coming along nicely, they hope to be moving there in May.

SAM_4498

It really looks impressive and will be a nice addition to the Aylesbury Arm.

SAM_4499

Flowers had been left at the second to last lock at Broughton, I always find it very sad to see flowers by the canal, because you know something dreadful must have happened.

SAM_4502

We had arrived at Aylesbury Basin.

SAM_4504

Winding was a little tight, but we managed to get round. We had not been told how tight it would be LOL.

SAM_4505

We reversed into the arm and moored up on the 14 day moorings. The downside was the amount of dog poo alongside the boat, so I will have to clean that up before settling in.

We are looking forward to having a wander around Aylesbury and see what it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails