*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 21 February 2013

Marsworth walk.

Keith and I took ourselves out for a walk around the village.

SAM_4448

The old BW yard and the site of a former concrete batching plant is no more, I first spoke about this in 2010. The site is going to become a housing development with 12 new dwellings and conversion of the BW building. Website.

SAM_4449 

We walked along the towpath to the road bridge and then walked up into the village.

SAM_4450

Someone’s spelling leaves a lot to be desired.

SAM_4451

The Old Manor House is a grade 2 listed building, timber framed with brick infill. It is rather stunning.

SAM_4452

All Saints church is from the 13th-14th Century, built of stone and flint. A lot of renovation was carried out by Rev. Wragg in the 19thC. What is interesting is there is no wall or railings around the church.

SAM_4454

The Red Lion is low-beamed partly thatched 18th-c pub. What is interesting is the thatched part of the pub because the front part of the roof is tiled, this is not something I have seen before. Maybe they ran out of thatch LOL.

SAM_4456

These stocks are opposite the Red Lion Pub, I wonder if they put drunks in them.

SAM_4458

Having done a circular walk around the village, we ended up back at the road bridge and the White Lion pub. It seems it closed under a cloud. With so many pubs closing this is just another one to add to the list. As I said in a previous posting we ate there and it was expensive and not a real boaters pub. If you want a real pub then go to the Anglers Retreat.

SAM_4463

I love the fact that the Gents toilet is an outside loo. They do have their own pond.

SAM_4460

The pub is on the Buckinghamshire side and if you walk across the road your in Hertfordshire.

SAM_4462

SAM_4461

In between your in no mans land. After a good old stroll, it was back to the boat, where my liver and onions were cooking nicely. Coffee was enjoyed with a few shortbread biscuits and the TV went on. During the afternoon it has been trying to snow, so we may be doing the Aylesbury are with a touch of the white stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails