*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 12 May 2013

Moored at Cathiron.

Map picture

Travelled 22.63 miles, worked 12 locks and a foot swing bridge, in a time of 10 hours 30 minutes.

This is going to be short and sweet because I have a dreadful signal and I am cream crackered.

Last night was entertaining. I went to bed at 9.30pm because I was done in and I was asleep in no time. Keith came to bed sometime after and it was then the entertainment began. Some drunk was shouting over and over again “excuse me” followed by “This is a mooring”, then off he went with “excuse me” again over and over again and then yes you guessed it “This is a mooring”. This went on for some 10 to 15 minutes, he then started singing a little ditty, which had no words just the tune, now it has to be said he was was very in tune and he sounded like he had a good voice. I did wonder if his voice is so good when he is sober. He must be the politest drunk I have ever heard. Rain began to fall heavily and he went quiet, which in itself worried me, because I half expected to get up this morning and find him face down in the canal, but thankfully that was not the case. It is however very un-nerving when people are that loud and drunk at night.

So to todays boating, the plan was to get to Hawkesbury Junction at least. It took us 2 hours and 25 minutes to get up through the Atherton Locks, and that was with boats coming down to help our passage, we did get into queues going up which slowed the pace somewhat. It seems everyone had the same idea to do the flight early. We got to Hawkesbury Junction at around 2.35pm, having taken on water we decided to carry on.

We eventually stopped at 6.40pm having gotten wet and feeling hungry, we pulled in at Cathiron. Dinner was quickly dished up, dog was walked and we all had our dinner. Mog and Dog are now lounging in the back cabin where it is warm and Keith and I are in for an early night I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails