*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 25 May 2013

Moored below the Laughton Hills.

Map picture

We Travelled 5.9 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 2 hours.

SAM_5359

After what was a rock and roll day yesterday weather wise, this morning bought about an amazing transformation, with no wind and no rain. The sun was out, the birds were singing and the Ewes and their lambs were bleating opposite us, what a perfect way to begin the day.

Before leaving the mooring, Keith went off to empty the toilet cassette up at the wharf, whilst I got on with preparing the boat for the off. On Keith’s return, we winded the boat and headed back to the lock, which I got ready.

SAM_5366

It was onward to Husbands Bosworth Tunnel, where we got behind a Canal Time hire boat. I think we may have put the fear of god into them coming up behind them as we did, so they very kindly pulled over and let us pass before entering the tunnel. We were long gone as their tunnel light glowed in the distance. We had three tunnel lights coming towards us and the first was another Canal Time hire boat, who was going so slow he had a queue of boats right up his stern. We were glad we were not stuck behind them.

SAM_5367

Out the other end into the sunshine again as we approached Honey Pot Bridge.

SAM_5368

After no time at all we found a suitable, deep mooring below the Laughton Hills and moored up, this will be home for the rest of the Bank Holiday Weekend.

After lunch it was time to get a few jobs done, as they say “Make hay, whilst the sun shines”. In our case it was mop out under the back cabin floor and cable tie up the battery cables properly.

SAM_5371

Marmite decided whilst we worked she would watch over the lino from the back cabin.

SAM_5377

Paddy just wanted to lounge and roll in the grass.

SAM_5384

Marmite pinched my chair.

SAM_5385

Then she decided it was better as a shelter from the sun.

Mopping out done and battery cables sorted, it was time for us to sit and enjoy the sunshine whilst drinking coffee. It is so quiet where we are moored we have only had a couple of people walk past, so it is absolute heaven.

Dinner tonight is the last of the Lamb from yesterday with veggies and I may just have to open a bottle of wine, after all it is a Bank Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails