*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 1 May 2020

Day 91: Baked Potatoes and TV.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Happy 1st of May.
The UK is in day 91 of the Coronavirus and according to the Government, we have now past the peak, which is if true brilliant news. All any of us want is for this to be over and a touch of normality returns to our lives, although we will be in restrictions for sometime to come and to be honest I would expect nothing different, if we do not want a second round of this virus, which is killing those we know and love.

I make no apology for my rant on day 89. I take exception to those who are not sticking to the guidelines, when millions of us have stuck to them from day One. If we want to see an end to the restrictions in the future, we must all play our part. Going to parties, having gatherings or driving miles to collect things is not playing the part and I will happily call anyone out, who thinks it is. I am the most chilled out person I know. The lockdown as far as I am concerned is fine and I am happy to keep going whilst it is making a difference. Even when the restrictions are relaxed, I personally will be sticking to them until I myself feel safe to go out and about. Boating for this year has been called off and we hope to go out and about next year.
We have had some lovely rain over the past couple of days, so the garden is really sprouting at the moment, which also means the weeds are very active. I have been out this morning, getting the weeds out and making Mr Robin happy, when I offer him a small worm. I know he is feeding his partner, because I have seen her sitting in the hedge waiting to be fed. She clearly feels she cannot feed herself, or maybe she likes being waited on hand and foot.
Lunch today was baked potatoes and tinned Chilli. Some years ago, I fell out of love with baked puds for some reason, but over this past month, I have fallen back in love with them. We have had them with homemade Coleslaw, Cheese and Chilli. I know it is lazy using tinned Chilli, but hey we are only pouring it over baked potatoes. I had a couple of tins of Chilli in my emergency supplies, which required eating and this gave me the right opportunity to use them up.

Have you found it is the small things which bring you pleasure at the moment?
This morning I received a package from Savers and opening it bought a smile to my face. I ordered paracetamol, antihistamines and toothpaste online. Ordering online, means no going out, which is the bonus. Another thing which I am finding makes me happy is just being able to go online and play games. Years ago I used to play Farm Town, quite a lot, but what with cruising and only a dongle for the internet, I kind of let it go. I am now back playing Farm Town, because of the lockdown and having broadband on our mooring, so another little thing which is making me happy. It also means I get to chat to new people all over the world and see how they are coping.

What TV are you watching at the moment?

According to the local radio station, the soaps Emmerdale, Eastenders and Coronation Street are running out of new episodes to show. Love Island and I'm A Celebrity Get me Out Of Here are put on hold.

Would it bother you if the soaps came off the TV?

Me personally, would not be bothered at all. I have not watched the soaps for over 20 years. I cannot abide the screaming, shouting every single week. It is all so same thing on each soap. Deaths, destruction, rows and marriages or divorce. We have enough going on with everyday life, without watching it on TV. The last time I saw Emmerdale it was still Emmerdale Farm. I used to love that program, but not anymore. I used to love Coronation Street, when it had Hilda and Stan in it, but not anymore.

What program would you love to see come back on TV?

I would love Follyfoot to either come back on TV or be remade. I love that program with the lightening tree. Belle Sebastian and the Horses is another one.

The 1st of May has been a day of April showers, gardening, laundry, cooking and playing games online. It is now time to sit back and watch a film.

This was sent to me by a great friend

Lockdown lingo - are you fully conversant with the new terminology?

Coronacoaster
The ups and downs of your mood during the pandemic. You’re loving lockdown one minute but suddenly weepy with anxiety the next. It truly is “an emotional coronacoaster”.

Quarantinis
Experimental cocktails mixed from whatever random ingredients you have left in the house. The boozy equivalent of a store cupboard supper. Southern Comfort and Ribena quarantini with a glacĂ© cherry garnish, anyone? These are sipped at “locktail hour”, ie. wine o’clock during lockdown, which seems to be creeping earlier with each passing week.

Le Creuset wrist
It’s the new “avocado hand” - an aching arm after taking one’s best saucepan outside to bang during the weekly ‘Clap For Carers.’ It might be heavy but you’re keen to impress the neighbours with your high-quality kitchenware.

Coronials
As opposed to millennials, this refers to the future generation of babies conceived or born during coronavirus quarantine. They might also become known as “Generation C” or, more spookily, “Children of the Quarn”.

Furlough Merlot
Wine consumed in an attempt to relieve the frustration of not working. Also known as “bored-eaux” or “cabernet tedium”.

Coronadose
An overdose of bad news from consuming too much media during a time of crisis. Can result in a panicdemic.

The elephant in the Zoom
The glaring issue during a videoconferencing call that nobody feels able to mention. E.g. one participant has dramatically put on weight, suddenly sprouted terrible facial hair or has a worryingly messy house visible in the background.

Quentin Quarantino
An attention-seeker using their time in lockdown to make amateur films which they’re convinced are funnier and cleverer than they actually are.

Covidiot or Wuhan-ker
One who ignores public health advice or behaves with reckless disregard for the safety of others can be said to display “covidiocy” or be “covidiotic”. Also called a “lockclown” or even a “Wuhan-ker”.

Goutbreak
The sudden fear that you’ve consumed so much wine, cheese, home-made cake and Easter chocolate in lockdown that your ankles are swelling up like a medieval king’s.

Antisocial distancing
Using health precautions as an excuse for snubbing neighbours and generally ignoring people you find irritating.

Coughin’ dodger
Someone so alarmed by an innocuous splutter or throat-clear that they back away in terror.

Mask-ara
Extra make-up applied to "make one's eyes pop" before venturing out in public wearing a face mask.

Covid-10
The 10lbs in weight that we’re all gaining from comfort-eating and comfort-drinking. Also known as “fattening the curve.

Pop back soon xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails