*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 20 April 2022

Prospects are looking up.

Dear friends and family.

I trust that everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. Ours was quiet. I bought us both an egg and we sat on the boat or in the garden, enjoying the Spring sunshine. The weather, at the moment is rather beautiful, which makes us all want to get on and get jobs done. I have found it hard to get motivated, because of Keith being poorly. I have been going to the stables to help out twice a week.

There is always something to do, especially as some of the ponies are used for children's rides at Hatton Country World. Mia needed grooming for her afternoons work and the stables needed cleaning out. I absolutely love helping out and will continue to do so as long as they want me or until my body say's that is enough. 

Hugging a pony or a donkey, will always improve the mood. They like most animals give their love and trust unconditionally. 
I have good news of sorts. As you know if you follow my ramblings, Keith had a hernia repair operation and ever since the operation, he has been in pain. He was told it was something to do with his Epididymis. He has had Five, yes Five lots of antibiotics and no change. He has taken copious amounts of pain relief. Well Tuesday just gone, he went for a much needed Ultrasound Scan, to see if this could shed any light on the problem. I think we both hoped it would show something up, just to give us some sort of an answer, but it was not to be. The scan was clear and the radiologist did a thorough scan. He offered an opinion, that it could be down to post-operation trauma, which can take a while to settle down. Another thought, is perhaps a nerve was damaged during the hernia repair. Anyway, we have a phone call with a hospital doctor next week and we think the hospital will sign Keith off, because the hernia repair operation was a success. We are expecting her to say, to see how the pain goes and if it gets any worse to seek further medical advice. Our decision is, if the hospital sign him off, we are going cruising. We are going out for a couple of months to begin with and to get the boat blacked. We are both itching to go out and this may just be the tonic we both need. However if the doctor wants to run more tests we will have to stay put.
With the anticipation of perhaps going out. I have made a start on getting the boat ready.
Today, I made a start on the back cabin. I cleaned the walls down, washed the plates and rehung them. I then hung the Spring/Summer curtains and did a general tidy through. Whilst I was at it, I changed the bilge nappies and checked the gearbox oil all in preparation for maybe head out at the beginning of May. Fingers are of course tightly crossed.
I love our back cabin. It is my sanctuary. Whilst cleaning, I had a CD blaring and was singing and dancing away. It feels, like perhaps things are looking up and we can go out for a while. Of course, should we go out and Keith cannot cope, we will of course come back. But he is very much looking forward to heading off onto the Oxford Canal and the Ashby Canal, which we have not done for a while. 
I hope that you are keeping well and that life is treating you well.
Pop back soon xx






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails