*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 27 April 2022

News at last.

 

Dear friends.

At long last, we have the answer to a mystery. As you will know, if you read my ramblings, Keith had a hernia repair operation towards the end of January. The hernia repair was a success, but four days after the operation, he was in constant pain. He was told he had Epididymitis (you can google it) and in all had five, yes five courses of antibiotics. Finally after the fourth lots of antibiotics, the hospital put in for an Ultrasound scan, which he had a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, we got the answer to the pain. Keith has a 3mm cyst on his Epididymis. At the moment, the treatment is pain relief, so he is alternating between Ibuprofen and Paracetamol and we have to see how that goes. We have decided to go boating for a couple of months and get Hadar's bottom blacked. If on our return to our mooring at the beginning of July, Keith is still in pain, then he has been advised to see the GP again. We are going boating yayyyyyyy. As of this coming weekend, we will fingers crossed be out on the cut. Both of us are very much looking forward to travelling for a bit. The hope is we will do the Oxford and the Ashby, before going to get out boat blacked at the end of June up on the Leicester Line. It is going to seem very strange being out on the cut, after more than 2 years, but we have very itchy feet. Yes I know you can get cream for that. Only other boaters will know what I mean, we all get it, when we have been still for a while.
At the moment, we are getting the boat ready for the off and making sure we are stocked up with the things we need. I will post when I can once we are out.

Pop back soon xx

4 comments:

  1. So pleased you've at last got an answer for Keith's pain and are able to get out cruising, enjoy. We too are off cruising proper tomorrow after the hospital trip today with my broken arm they don't want to see me again for 4 weeks when they will take the cast off just in time for a family gathering at the end of May. So we think we'll do the Four Counties ring! Stay well both of you and enjoy your cruising. Judith nb Serena XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo I'm surprised you haven't suggested to Keith he goes for a permanent solution and has them disconnected :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that they have found the reason Keith's pain and hope that he can manage it with the pain relief. I know it doesn't cure the problem but you have a plan of what to do next if you need to.

    Enjoy getting back out on the cut, I am sure it will be good for the soul.

    Take care
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you have made your escape and hope you have the best of cruises. That photo of the cabin is stunning. Very artistic. Enjoy your time away. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails