*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 31 October 2011

Braunston Top Lock to Butchers Bridge Braunston

Hi Folks.

SAM_0695 

Late yesterday afternoon we had a visit from Alan Brown, who is a mind of information on historic boats, and despite being in his 80's is still out and about looking at old boats, he has been to see us a couple of times because of the old engine. Ohhhh dark nights have arrived with the changing of the clocks at the weekend, it will take a take a few days to become accustom to the difference. Poor old Paddy is already confused. Unlike at the spring change where suddenly his dinner and walks are an hour early, to have them an hour later this time of year is very confusing  for him, he was ready for his walk an hour early and could not understand why Keith was not up and ready also.

This morning yet again we were awake way to early, but this time marmite was not up with the larks, she was to busy watching the bird life out of the port hole in the engine room.

 We were up and ready to set off down the flight of locks by 8.20am, we were fortunate that the shared ownership NB Slipstream was moored behind us overnight and they wanted to share locks, which was great, no having to wait for someone to turn up. So with Roger, Colin and Brian we set off down the flight, they were an absolute joy to share with and made the cruise down a pleasure.

SAM_0697 

We soon had the locks dealt with, so we said our goodbyes to the guys, who were heading off to wind. I then walked on down the towpath and found a mooring just past Butcher’s Bridge, where Keith pulled in and we moored up behind Aldgate. Whilst we were mooring up Maffi and Molly arrived, so I made coffee and tea for the 3 of us, and we chatted and put the world to rights once again. We then locked up the boat and headed for Midland Chandlers to pick up a few bits and pieces, and on our way back popped into Tony Redshaw’s to pick up some green paint for the engine.

Since being back at the boat I had put some Braising Steak in the oven to cook hopefully for dinner tonight. I then made us some Mushrooms on Toast for lunch. Not sure what I will be doing for the rest of the day, but I have a feeling it will be very little. Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails