*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 2 October 2011

Village at War, Day One.

Hi Folks.

The organisers could not have asked for better weather, it was stunning, if not a little to hot, which was only made hotter because I had the back cabin stove going, so I could keep a kettle on the boil.

Keith and I prepared the boat for the days gongoozler's, blog and facebook followers, we then took an early walk around the site so we could get some photos before it got crowded, this proved to be a wise move because it got very busy.

SAM_0557

This was the Black Market area, with all the stalls selling contraband, and lots of lovely 1930/40’s clothing. Keith managed to get a new waistcoat, and I got a couple of snoods for my hair.

IMG_5700

The Americans were well represented with these superb vehicles and there were plenty of army and navy personnel around. We also had a representative from the Australian army who managed to get a coup of tea out of us for him and his partner. They were a lovely couple and it was nice to meet them. He spends 6 months over here then goes back to Aus for there summer.

IMG_5704

The model tanks are here again, Keith loved watching rumble around the site last year. At the end of the day they did a re-enactment battle, we could hear the guns going off from the boat.

IMG_5665

The Home Guard were patrolling the towpath, making sure we were all safe.

IMG_5710

The local bobby was interested in our load of coal, and whether it was legal!IMG_5686

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got to say hello to Lola Lamour, whe was once again entertaining the crowds and a few took to the dance floor. Lola is really lovely and has an amazing voice.

IMG_5697

Even Monty was around.

IMG_5669

And so was Churchill.

It was wonderful to see so many people we know from the boating world, facebook and from the blog. A special mention goes out to Stewart who has NB Teazle who came and spoke to us, Stewart reads our blogs, so hello Stewart. Steve and Maggie off of NB Albert also came and paid us a visit as they were passing, it was lovely to catch up with them and to hear all about their summer cruising and winter plans. We met up with so many people we know and did not know sorry I cannot name you all, but thank you for coming to say hello.

There is a good turn out of Historic Narrow Boats, in all there are 20 here, which is fantastic.

Here's to Sunday and another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails