*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 22 October 2011

Patience is a virtue

Hi Folks.

It is true that being patient is a virtue and today it certainly paid off big time. Wednesday an Albino Squirrel was seen at Foxton Locks. I had not seen it, but saw a photo of it at the top lock cafe, so I was given the task of photographing it. Today was to be the day, I had planned to get up early and head out to see if I could get a picture of it, but I slept in till 8.30am, so an early start did not happen, but at 10am I went out with my camera in search of this white Squirrel. For two hours I sat where I had been told it would appear and nothing, Keith joined me and we even had a coffee, but still nothing so at 12 noon we went back to the boat and had some lunch, before I was off again. I went back to the same place and sat and waited, and waited and waited, then at 2pm I saw something move on the opposite bank, thinking it was a Grey Squirrel, I followed it and hey presto my patience was rewarded.

white squirrel

I am going to name it Snowy, I know not very original, but very apt, especially with winter coming. Albinism is due to gene mutations that affect the production of pigmentation. True albino animals lack melanin and are white with no markings and with unpigmented pink eyes. A couple of weeks ago they had an Albino Squirrel on Autumn Watch, so I am very excited to find one myself.

I am going out again tomorrow to see if I can get an even better photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails