*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday, 12 October 2011

British Waterways guidelines.

British Waterways has published the new guidelines for continuous cruisers, now they seem reasonable enough, but will they be any better enforced than the old ones?

http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/license-it/boating-essentials/mooring-information

I will be interested to see if the boat which has been moored in the same place for 3 years on the Leicester Line is actually moved on.

2 comments:

  1. On the Oxford BW stff have been telling CMers to pick a few spots and move regularly that came from no less than Lisa Jarvis. No1 in mooring matters in this area. As much as I welcome the psuedo new guide lines they didnt enforce the old ones why will these be any different?

    It seems to me that BW staff need to understand their rules before telling others to break them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maffi.
    I could not agree with you more. I was told the same thing by a boater whilst at Stoke Bruerne. They have an arrangement with George the enforcement officer that they move between certain spots and he is happy with that.
    All the enforcement officers need to sing from the same sheet for any of this to work and as we know they are not doing so.

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails