*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 31 October 2011

Who will buy Dover???

Whilst we are in Braunston we took a walk down the locks yesterday and saw Historic Working Boat Dover out on the bank. She has been having some over plating done by the looks of her bottom. Dover was widely publicised on the TV when she was part of a i2i’s documentary series ‘Narrow Boat’ & ‘Narrow Boat Afloat’, in which Alan Herd took Dover a rusting hull and refitted her out then cruised her along the Grand Union Canal, retracing the route she would have used in her working life. Sadly since the program she seems to have spent most of her time up for sale. She is at present on the market for £89,950, having been dropped from the £110,000 she was originally put up for in 2006. I personally feel that historic working boats should stay as working boats, even if they need restoration. I know many have been made into floating homes, but to me they were meant for working and therefore should remain in their working livery. I realise that not everyone will agree with me on this, because I know that for some of the old boats, would no longer be here if they had not changed into floating homes. It is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails