*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 16 May 2012

Maesbury Marsh to Canal Central.

Map image

Travelled 1.2 miles in a time of 50 minutes.

SAM_1103

We left our over night mooring at 9.00am to go a short distance.

SAM_1105

Past by The Navigation Inn.

SAM_1106

Past by Canal Central, that we visited yesterday.

SAM_1107

We were approaching Croft's Lift Bridge passing the wide shallows. The lift bridge had been raised and NB Chalford had gone through, the gentleman was just about to lower the bridge when he saw us coming.

SAM_1109

The gentleman told me he was single handing so I said to the gentleman, that I would work the bridge for him, so I stepped off the boat on the offside, just about making the gap with my short legs.

SAM_1110

Keith followed him through and then coming in the opposite direction having winded was another boat heading back, so I waited until the lady who was also single handing went through, I then let the bridge down, until NB Chalford was ready to come back through. He was very grateful for all my help and said " Being single handed was one of the best things in the world, because everyone else does the work for him".

SAM_1112

Whilst waiting for Keith to wind at Gronwen Wharf, I noticed that a Sparrow family had taken up residence in the lift bridge weight. I bet it is exciting for the babies when the bridge is open and closed.

SAM_1117

Having come back from the winding hole, Keith bought Hadar through the bridge 'ole and I let the bridge down again.

SAM_1119

We moored up on the first 48 hour moorings from the lift bridge, which were deep enough for us, so Paddy will not have to do a leap of faith later phew. I made us a coffee and a packed lunch, so that we could go walking along the part of the Montgomery Canal which is still to be restored. To see how we got on you can read all about it and see the photographs on Hadar's Blog. You can also see some of the flora and fauna I saw today at my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails