*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 21 June 2013

All fixed and now at Foxton.

Yesterday we went into dry dock and had our leaking stern tube repaired. We had the stern tube, shaft and bearing replace and all is now tickety boo. So a huge thank you to Welford dry dock.

Map picture

Travelled 8.37 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 3 hours and 10 minutes.

SAM_5500

We left the Welford Arm at 8.50am and were the second boat down through the lock. At Welford Junction we turned right to head for Foxton at 9.25am.

SAM_5501

Between North Kilworth Wharf and Husbands Bosworth Tunnel an Ash Tree had come down across the towpath and canal. We have reported it to the C&RT.

SAM_5503

Have chickens will travel. Fresh eggs everyday for the boater who owns this and its chickens.

SAM_5507

We made Foxton at midday, just right for a spot of lunch. The sun is doing its hardest to come out, but it is very hazy and humid at the moment, so I reckon we are in for some thunderstorms later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails