*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 25 June 2013

Moored at Foxton.

Map picture

Travelled 5.1 miles, worked 1 swing bridge in a time of 2 hours.

SAM_5514

We had a nice night moored in Market Harborough Basin and left this morning at 9.00 am with the sun shining and all well in my world. Before leaving we filled up with water and emptied the toilet cassette. The pump out for private boats is still not in use, it makes me glad we do not have a pump out.

SAM_5515

We arrived at Foxton village and moored up before Black Horse Bridge, that was having tackled the swing bridge which did not work first time, but having played with the offending post which did not work yesterday, I got the bridge to work. So moored up at Black Horse Bridge we had lunch and then waited for our Tesco food delivery to arrive between 3 and 4 pm. Whilst waiting we got chatting to some lovely people who live in a house on the canal where we were moored, they were absolutely delightful and a joy to chat too.

At 3pm I walked up on to the bridge to wait for our food delivery which arrived just before 4pm. Unfortunately there were 17 items missing, which has never happened to us before, they have always been so good. Before contacting Tesco we moved the boat nearer to the locks and on to a mooring.

foxton

Moored up for the day, I contacted Tesco who were shocked that so many items had not been delivered. They are on the case and I am assured I will get the rest of my shopping either later today or sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails