*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 7 June 2013

Boat Painting Day 4.

With the majority of paint work done on the port side, it was touching up on the white coach line and painting the white hoops on the mop.

SAM_5442

Whilst I did all that Keith touched up the white on the water cans. 

As the morning wore on and the sun got hotter, Keith noticed a Hare wandering up the towpath and so went off to follow it. He tracked it to the field on the opposite bank and so I took my camera and tripod and went off to photograph the Hare.

Hare4

There seemed to be two pairs of Hares and they were having a good game of chase. This is the most I have seen together this year and they seemed quite happy for me to be there. Normally they run off into the undergrowth.

SAM_5441

When I got back to the boat, we had been joined by Jan and Tom on NB Waiouru. We spent a good hour chatting on the towpath, putting the world to right and having a good old laugh. 

IMG_3639

After a late lunch, we then all sat out on the towpath, soaking up the sun and finished off our nattering. I reckon we covered all subjects and yes this did include boat toilets. It was great to chat to like minded people and to hear all about there adventures. After the boat building disaster from hell, which they had been through, it is amazing they have come out of it very sane, for many it would have been the last straw and now Waiouru is a credit to them and their determination to get the boat finished. She is a lovely boat and their pride and joy.

Before we knew it, it was almost 7pm and so a late dinner was cooked. It has been a fabulous day with wonderful company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails