*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 7 February 2016

Tiffin Time.

There is nothing nicer than a piece of Tiffin with a coffee on a cold Sunday. Feet up and a good old movie on the TV. Perfect.

200g milk chocolate (I use Cadbury Milk Chocolate)
100g unsalted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
125g digestive biscuits
135g bag of Maltesers
For the topping
200g milk chocolate
25g unsalted butter
1 tsp golden syrup.

Method

1.Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment. Place the 200g of chocolate, butter and syrup in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water or in the microwave. Once almost melted, remove from the heat and gently stir until any tiny bits chocolate have melted. Allow to cool a little.
2.Place the biscuits and 35g of the Maltesers in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. You want mainly crumbs but a few small chunks of biscuit is fine.
3.Top the crushed mixture and whole Maltesers (save 1 or 2 for yourself) to the melted chocolate and stir until everything is coated. Press into the prepared tin and make the topping.
4.For the topping, melt the chocolate, butter and syrup as before and spread over the biscuit base.
5.Cover the tin with cling film or foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting into squares.

Then sit back and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails