*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 22 April 2016

Birthday…. Moving on.

Yesterday was my Birthday and so we spent it at Anderton.

Jo anderton lift

We spent the day walking around the Anderton Nature Park and at the lift itself. It was a cracking day weather wise and for taking photographs of the bird life. In all we covered over 8 miles during the day.

Keith took me out for my birthday meal at the Stanley Arms, which was nice. The food and beer were very good, unfortunately their card machine was broken, so it was just as well we had enough cash on us. So like the Queen another Birthday has slipped by, mine was somewhat quieter than her majesties day, but I dare say he had a lovely time, I know I did.

We left Anderton and headed off on what was a chilly start to the day. We soon got through the three tunnels and Dutton Stop lock at Preston Brook. Midland Chandlers was our first stop to buy a new handle for our bathroom door, because the old one sheared off in my hand. Handle bought we headed off once more in the hope we could moor up at Bollington over looking Dunham Massey. we arrived late in the day and were glad to see there was still room, although we have had to moor on pins, which we do not like doing, because with Hadr being heavy, pins can pull out. Boats along here do not slow down, so we have made sure they are secured with our rond anchors as well.

SAM_1794[4]

All moored up, dinner was had and then a nice hot shower. it has been a long day having done over 19 miles today. This will be our mooring for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails