*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 25 April 2016

Darn that Cat.

 

Darn and double darn our cat. 3.40 am she had me up with the sound of her coughing up a fur ball. I must be such a light sleeper to have heard her and of course I got up to make sure she was ok and to make sure the fur ball was picked up so I did not step in it later in the morning. She always does everything in the early hours of the morning, which of course wakes me. She then spends the rest of her day sleeping, lucky old her Smile.

Getting back off to sleep was almost impossible from that point onwards, until in the end I got up and made a cuppa.

We were up and about and ready for the off at 8.30 am. it was a bit damp and there was a stiff breeze, but we wanted to move on and so we headed off.

Like with most place we have been through of late, there have been a fair few changes, with lots of building work going on. New homes and business premises going up, times must be improving Smile.

We had showers on and off throughout the morning and the breeze was one that could of so easily chilled us through to the bone, had it not been for the fact we were wearing our Donkey Jackets.

We arrived at the Barton swing aqueduct just as they were swinging it back to the canal.

bridge

We passed an old friend.

misty lady

Our old boat Misty Lady.

tom and jan

We then passed Tom and Jan on nb Waiouru just after Worsley heading in the other direction, so a brief hello and goodbye.

SAM_1795[4]

Since arriving at Astley Green the sun seems to come out more permanently. Unfortunately the Astley Green Colliery Museum is not open today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails